[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.2 beta

  • From: David Andrs <andrsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:26:14 +0200

Sure, here it is - an example for msmobiles.com:

1. You have to look in the feed file (http://xml.msmobiles.com/) to know
the URLs for feed items. You can see that for msmobiles the URLs of
articles are something like this: http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5319.html
2. You have to know URL of PDA optimized version. On
http://msmobiles.com/article.php/45.html you can read, that links should
be prefixed with mobile, eg. the domain name is mobile.msmobiles.com.
3. Now, we know that we want to rewrite 'msmobiles.com' with
'mobile.msmobiles.com'
4. Define the rule in pRSSreader. Select the feed for msmobiles.com,
enter properties (File | Properties), select Channel tab, tap URL
writing. Enter 'msmobiles.com' into the 'URL part' edit and
'mobile.msmobiles.com' into the 'Replace with' edit.
5. Enjoy the result :)

--
David