[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.2 beta

  • From: "Hal Rottenberg" <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 23:45:59 -0400

Good to know someone else has a 6700 on here.  I've not had that
problem that I can say.  I do have SD problems in general though,
enough so that I suspect something buggy in WM5...

On 6/19/06, Christopher Greeley <csgreeley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have upgraded to the 1.3.2.  I tried to run it from my 2G SD card and it
crashed my PPC6700 (WM5).  It crashed it so bad that I could only get my
6700 to function after soft-resetting with the SD card removed.  I then had
to uninstall pRSSreader.

I will try and reload it tomorrow and run it from the main memory.  Perhaps
that will help.  Any guidance on what went wrong?

Nashville, TN

----- Original Message ----- From: David Andrs To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 5:25 AM Subject: [prssr-devel-ml] pRSSreader 1.3.2 beta

Hi all!

The beta version of pRSSreader 1.3.2 is now available for testing -

What's new:
-ADD: Copy Feed Item URL to clipboard
-ADD: Context menu for Site Manager (Edit, Remove, Copy Feed URL)
-ADD: Summary View context menu (Mark All Read, Mark All Unread, Copy Feed
-ADD: Search feeds in syndic8.com RSS directory (access via XML-RPC)
-ADD: Copy message text to clipboard
-ADD: Flag message
-ADD: When update finished with errors, message box displayed to
notify user about that fact.
-ADD: Simple URL rewriting feature
-ADD: HTML optimizer (None, Skweezer, Custom)
-ADD: Option - Warn when moving to previous/next channel
-ADD: EUC-JP codepage
-ADD: Show flagged items
-ADD: Up/Down arrow moves to the previous/next message in sequential reading
-ADD: Buffered file reading/writing (higer performance in disk operations)
-ADD: Minimal interval between sync events (for cradling)

-FIX: Space optimalization of menus
-FIX: Feed titles are searched for keywords
-FIX: Adding a site splitted into separate dialogs (accessible via menu)
-FIX: Follows system text settings on Today screen
-FIX: Update All did not work with pRSSreader running on the background
-FIX: Improved purging of feed item keys in registry (on start-up)
-FIX: Improved communication between today plug-in and main app
-FIX: Reduced CPU load in today plug-in (IPC synchro, loading only
necessary files, periodical checks replaced with FS notifications)
-FIX: When site properties were changed (File | Properties), they were
not saved.
-FIX: Better feed items hash keys registry handling
-FIX: When updating, changes are displayed after caching
-FIX: libexpat patch: malloc/free/realloc replaced with
LocalAlloc/LocalFree/LocalReAlloc (possible source of
memory leaks)
-FIX: Updating procedure refactored
-FIX: Major code clean-ups
-FIX: memory allocations made by malloc/realloc/free are done via
-FIX: Cache moving is done in thread
-FIX: When trying to set cache/enclosure folder to program files or
windows dir -> user is alerted
-FIX: Possibility to move the cache content or not
-FIX: Hangup after cradling

What needs to be tested:
- EUC-JP was not tested, I have no response from a guy who requested
it, thus I do not know if it is working correctly - but probably,
there are no one who could test it. If so, let me know about
- Memory leaks: those of you who encountered memory leaks, let me know
if the problem is gone or not.
- Update: I made some changes in updated process. The problem of 'Some
files were not cached' is not related to those changes.
- Today plugin: There are major changes in today plug-in, CPU load
should be at minimum (if you have large OPML file, the load of CPU is
higher - of course.

About new features:
* URL rewriting
If some site provides content optimized for pda, you can define simple
URL rewritting rule to get this content. Example:  www.ce4you.cz ->
mobile.ce4you.cz. You will find this in Site properties, Channel tab.

* HTML optimizer
You can use Skweezer to optimize HTML content downloaded to you PDA.
Skweezer reduces size of the HTML files you are downloading. You can
also define you custom HTML optimizer if you use some...

* Minimal interval between sync events (for cradling)
Configurable via registry key
in minutes

The value 15 means that if you make 2 cradlings within 15 minutes,
only the first event will trigger the update.

Just for reminding: - report each bug in a single mail, - describe a problem in details, include your settings and all information related to the problem - description of how to reproduce the is the best you can provide me to track the bug down - enable logging (search the archive for decription how to do it) and attach the log file (zip it to reduce its size)

Enjoy testing!

pRSSreader development mailing list

Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)