[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.2 beta

  • From: "Konstantin Taran" <tarank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:24:43 +0300

David,

usage of memory in my device:
before the update  - 20,86 Mb
after the update - 30,67Mb

I'm looking forward for the debug version!

Regards,
Konstantin.

On 6/25/06, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Could you check the memory split before and after the update? Enter
Start | Settings, System tab, Memory, Main tab. Are memory splits the
same before and after te update?

Can anyone else confirm such a huge memory leak?

Note: If you do very precise measuring of allocated memory, you can
notice that there is a "memory leak" of about 300 KB between the start
and the end of pRSSreader. But the same "memory leak" is for _every_
application (including applications from MS loaded in your ROM). This is
Windows CE related and is not a true memory leak, because the memory is
given back after some time. And this is not related to Konstantin's problem.

And Konstantin, I'll make a special program for testing memory
allocation on your device (One guy reported the same problem as you, but
I'm not able to reproduce it :()