[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.0

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:16:18 +0200

On 4/28/06, Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 4/24/06, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     * Fixed: MSXML replaced with libexpat

After reducing my OPML to what some may consider to be a "more
rational size" :) , I'm pretty happy with libexpat.  I can always wish
startup time were faster, still takes 10 or 20 seconds, but it is much
improved over MSXML.

>     * Fixed: Some button moved to command bar (e.g. more WM5 friendly)

Do you plan on doing more of this?  I would love to have Update All
and Summary View available in soft-buttons.  (Or maybe the option of
starting in summary view instead of feed view...)
I do not how the main window appears in WM5 (could you send a
screenshot?) and how do you access menu items. But to have Summary
View or UpdateAll available in soft-buttons, I would have to move them
as the first or the second menu item. These positions are currently
occupied by File and Tools menu items. This change would turn
pRSSreader unusable for PPC2002 and PPC2003 users. And I think that it
is not what we want :)

But I will keep the trend of having the important buttons in command
bar (like Cancel, etc.)

To have option for starting pRSSreader in Summary view: putting this
on my TODO list. I think this could be used by many users...

Great job, this program keeps getting better and better.
Thanks, trying to do my best :-)

Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://halr9000.com