[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.3.0

  • From: Francis Lyons <fjvlyons@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:47:07 -0700

David,

I have noticed that pRSS appears to have a memory leak. As I use it to view my feeds gwes swells in size until I am forced to soft reset. I have noticed this both with and without my Today plug-ins and/or other programs running. Is there anything I can send you that would help track this down?

Francis
hx4700, Rom 1.1, WM 2003SE

David Andrs wrote:

Hello,

pRSSreader 1.3.0 is now available for download  on
http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/releases/1.3.0.php.

What's New (only main features/bugfixes):

   * Fixed: MSXML replaced with libexpat
   * Added: Proxy support (HTTP, SOCKS4, SOCKS5)
   * Added: Basic and Digest HTTP authentication
   * Added: Cache only new items
   * Added: Mark new as unread before update
   * Added: Localizations to French, Dutch, Czech and Spanish
   * Added: Displaying author name of the feed item (if presents)
   * Fixed: Memory leak in update process
   * Added: Keywords
   * Fixed: Better support for RSS extensions (<content:encoded>,
<author>, <description>)
   * Added: Cache Manager
   * Fixed: Some button moved to command bar (e.g. more WM5 friendly)
   * Fixed: Hanging od PDA after soft reset, caused by Today plugin
(thanks to Zdenek Pergl for testing)
   * and more (see changelog on
http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/changelog.php#v1-3-0)

I decided to release 1.2.1 beta4 as 1.3.0 because of some major
changes (like replacing MSXML with libexpat and more).

For the future versions, I plan to release more smaller updates than
few bigger ones. All feature requests during 1.2.1 testing phase were
recorded to my internal bugzilla. Those features will gradually show
up as 1.3.x versions.

If you will find an error on web pages (or elsewhere), let me know.
The localization guide is not publish yet, I'll try to add it during this week.

Thanks to all beta testers for bug reports and cooperation on this version.

Special thanks go to the localization team.
Note: German localization is not finished yet, hope I'll make it soon.

Note2: Before installing 1.3.0, uninstall 1.2.x - reason is explained
on http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/releases/1.3.0.php#known-issues

Regards,
--
David