[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.2.1 ua2

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 02:10:34 +0100

On 3/9/06, Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 3/9/06, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > HKCU\Software\DaProfik\pRSSreader\Today set new value named 'Startup
> > Delay' typed as DWORD and set it to something like 10 or more. Then
> > the startup of pRSSreader's today plugin will be delayed for specified
> > amount of seconds - this could help you to prevent your device from
> > startup freezes.
>
> David, I think you should seriously consider making something like
> this the default.  I've gotten into a loop that's difficult to get out
> of where I install prssr, soft reset, crash, soft reset, then quickly
> try to disable the today plugin before it crashes again, fail, repeat
> 2x, eventually succeed.
I do not see any point to make this the default value in a special
build. It's just for testing. And if the tests are ok, then it can
became the default value.

Till today, I do not have any positive result for this. No one
reported - 'Yes, this helped me, and the plugin never hangs up.'

Thus, my point of view is: 'This does not solved the today plugin
hang-ups and I have to try something different.'