[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.2.1 beta3

  • From: henkah <henkah53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 21:57:00 +0100

I meanwhile did install the .cab after uninstalling the beta1
As far as I can see it it works very good. I only tested the basic things, the plugin, getting in the feeds, reading the news etc.

I think we're up for a release, soon.

Thanks
Henk

David Andrs schreef:

I have corrected the exe installation files. Now, it should install correctly.
Uninstall pRSSreader from PDA before the new install.

The error was caused by changes I have made in build process.

On 3/2/06, henkah <henkah53@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The reset after the .cab install had to do that I hadn't uninstall on my
keep the settings/links when uninstalling.

Secondly. The problem I had with beta2 seems to be solved. I will try
out more later.

Thanks
Henk

henkah schreef:

David,

I got an invalid setup using the VGA.exe version. The zipped cab gave
me a software when I wanted to install

Henk

David Andrs schreef:

Hi!

beta3 is now available. Usual location...

What's New:
- Localization ready (I have made the Czech localization successfully)

Fixes:
- if there was not internet connection and update was started, update
buttons turned gray, but never turn back from gray (reported by
Francis)
- Proxy Type was not preserved between Options opens
- Images included within some feeds were not displayed (bad HTML
attribute parsing)
- Today Plugin: checking if the files are accessible (Francis reported
PDA lock-ups after soft-reset - please, retest and reports the
results)

Added:
- 'Open online message' in main window context menu

Note:
During the next week I'd like to finish beta testing and make official
public release. Due to the major changes in architecture (MSXML
replaced by libexpat, etc.) it will be out as 1.3.0.

I will write 'HOWTO localize pRSSreader' document and we can start the
localization process - probably during this weekend. I will let you
know via this mailing list. It would be fine to have all localized
version ready due 12.3.2006 (this deadline is flexible up to 19.3.).
To localize pRSSreader to Czech, it took me about 3 hours, so do not
worry about huge time-consumption.