[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.2.1 beta2 ua1

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:25:41 +0100

On 2/27/06, Francis Lyons <fjvlyons@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  RE: Updates (I'll try to be clearer):  If there is no network connection
> available at startup then the update options never become available after I
> start the network...ie pRSS does not detect/recognize the connectivity state
> change and make updates available.  If  pRSS starts while I am connected to
> network all functions as it should.
On my device: No internet connection, I start pRSSreader, update is
available (after loading site list and feeds). Tap update, then no
updare bar is displayed and options are disabled - I know about this
and working on it.

But it has never happend to me, that the options are grayed after
startup. Maybe the problem is the following:
- you started pRSSreader
- you have automaticall schedules on
- you minimize pRSSreader
- if you disconnect from internet, then the above problem occures
- you reactive pRSSreader, then you see disabled update options

>  RE: Today plugin:  Locks up on boot-up after soft reset.  Plugin installed
> to RAM, pRSS beta and cache on SD Card.  If loaded separately after start-up
> works fine, until the next soft-reset.  I am assuming that the plugin is
> trying to read the card before the system makes the card available.
Could you check if you have libexpat.dll in \windows directory?
Anyway, I'll try to make some special build for you to test this problem...

>  RE: Scheduled Updates: I knew about the need for the today plugin to be
> running, I was just wondering if there were a way to force the notification
> system to handle the updates, given the problems that I am experienging with
> the today plugin.
I understand. If you have some external scheduler (like the one from
SK?), you can run pRSSreader with command line option '/updateall' and
it updates all channels. But the update process will not run on
background (e.g. you will see the main window of pRSSreader)