[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.2.1 beta2 ua1

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:41:03 +0100

On 2/26/06, Francis Lyons <fjvlyons@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Running it for a while now, but been on vacation.  This beta properly
> deletes the cache before downloading (#1 did not).  Both betas do not
> detect if the network connectivity is turned on after the program is
> started (eg, refresh options stay greyed out/do not function), and I
> have to restart pRSS to download.  Also will not download in this
If you start pRSSreader, then site list and feed are loading. During
this time, update is not available. After the loading is finished,
then update should be enabled.

> condition during scheduled times.  I have verified this with BT, WiFi
> and AS connectivity.
Scheduled updates works only if the pRSSreader is running.

> Also, if cache is on SD/CF Card it will still lock up the today plug
> (anyway to create a loading delay?), so today plug not being used.
My cache is on SD-card and the plugin works ok. Could you be more
specific about the conditions when the plugin locks up?

> Is there anyway to force the program to download on AS connection even
> if it is not running?  Some sort of notification w/ command line
> option?  None of the settings will enable this.
If the today plugin is active and you checked the option 'check for
new items when handheld cradled' (in options), then the update is
started on inserting handheld into cradle.