[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.2.1 beta1

  • From: henkah <henkah53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 11:22:15 +0100

Hi David,

Everthing seems to work fine now. The today part doesn't get the PDA stuck anymore.

I would like to ask if in a future release you can add a rss feed search option, based on a keyword you type in If you click a feed of interest it can be added to a group or subgroup.I hate typing in url's ;-)

I also would style the logo "R" more.

Thanks for this new beta release.

Henk

David Andrs schreef:

Hi!

pRSSreader 1.2.1 beta1 is available for testing.
Usual location: http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/beta/

What's new:
-MSXML replaced by libexpat
 * faster starts
 * Now, I can add any codepage I want
-Added support for main code pages (cp125x, iso-latin-x)
 * If you miss some code page, let me know to add it
-HTTP Authentication: basic and digest
-Caching only new items
-Keywords
-Cache manager
 * this one is really beautiful and handy :)
-Some changes in GUI
-Proxy support: SOCK4/5, HTTP
 * should take the proxy settings from your current profile
 * need to be tested properly
-If there is <content> tag in feed, it is used instead of <description>
-Displaying author name, if one is specified
-Enclosure indication in the main window

Fixes:
- Removed memory leak in update process
- Checking new items on cradling starts pRSSreader on real cradling
and many more

Enjoy!