[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.2.1 beta1

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:12:49 +0100

On 2/12/06, The Efrit <theefrit@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> First of all, Congratulations! This program is awesome!. I have been
> testing it and here is my feed back:
>
> - the program name is different than the last version, so I had to
> uninstall the previous one before installing to avoid problems.
One guy with korean (?) PDA reported that he is not able to install
pRSSreader because of the š (s with hacek) in my name -> I replaced š
with s.

> - I have problems retrieving the following feed
> http://www.bandaancha.st/rss.xml and Firefox or other xml readers
> don't have problems with it.
I'll look at it.

> - In the cache manager, I'm not able to delete cached elements, or at
> least, the cache size is not updated.
Do you use the clear button or you just uncked the item, close the
manager and reopend it?
Need more info what you are doing.

> - How does the keyword manager works?
Simply. Just enter the keywords that you are intersted in - like
'download' etc.  In the main list, pRSSreader will show the star that
indicates there is a keyword match in the article. In the article
reading (at the bottom), you will see which keywords were matched.

> - I have also noticed that, if for example you don't have Internet
> connection and you update an empty feed, and then you have the
> connection back, you won't be able to update the feed until you
> restart the program. I think it is because of some kind of caching of
> the feed.
If you don't have internet connection and starts tha update, you can
stop the update process by tapping the close button (white x on the
red background).

> - In landscape mode in Windows Mobile 2003 SE, when reading an entry,
> the text is not expanded to fit the whole screen, and remains with the
> width as if it were in the other screen mode. The feed list works fine
> in landscape mode
Landscape in not support at all. I plan it but in not in the near future.