[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.1.5 rc2 : won't clear the cache

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:14:39 +0100

I will test it for today and tommorow.

On 12/19/05, yololo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <yololo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Still have this issue, and the files -AFAIK- are not taken by any other
> applications... :(
>
> I've got one example : http://www.afp.fr/francais/rss/stories.xml
>
> It displays the 7 last informations in France. It can be updated several
> times a day, according to news... It's a good example, because the feed is
> always with 7 items (read or unread)...
>
> Cleared the cache on 17th (with prss) = Ok, no file left in the cache (except
> xml files...). On 19th (morning) after update, i should have only 7 html
> files on the cache folder :
> This morning, i've got :
> One feed dated 17th
> 9 feeds dated 18th
> 3 feeds dated 19th
> the 9 html files for the 18th are normals because, there was more than 7 news
> in the 18th... But feed still only displays 7 lines !
> The HTML files are time-stamped, so it's easy to see that...
>
> According to AFP rss behavior, i should have 7 html files this morning : 3
> dated 19th, and 4 dated 18th
>
> As you can see, there are 6 hTML files more...
When pRSSreader is caching files, their timestamp is set to the time
when they were created. If you cache files on 19th and get files with
date 18th, there must be something wrong with your card. Try to backup
your data, format the card, restore the data.

> I've checked that my storage card isn't write-protected (it has happened one
> time to me... so stupid lol )
>
> Here is the detailled issue... Remember that i run on PPC2002 (could this be
> the cause ?)
Probably not, there is not special code for writing file to the cache.