[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSreader 1.1.5 beta5

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 17:23:34 +0100

Hi,

those 'Invalid feed file' messages are caused by MSXML, which is too
sensitive on errors in xml files. Nowadays, I'm playing with libexpat
(open-sourced xml parser). I have some preliminary reading support for
XML files and it looks promising. I plan to use it in 1.1.6, then
those errors probably dissapear. And I believe that the pRSSreader's
start will be faster.

And another note: The error log is cleared when you starts updating.
If someone do not like this, adding an option to clear the log before
update is piece of cake.

--
David