[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSr can't cache all content

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:58:44 +0200

On 5/5/06, Joerg Streibhardt <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm experiencing similar problems from time to time but I figure it is due
to my internet connection. Sometimes TCP connections just stall or do not
connect (timeout), so pRSSreader is not to blame.

However I have a request: more detailled error messages like:
"4 image(s) could not be cached (timeout)"
"2 image(s) could not be cached (not found)"
"1 image(s) could not be cached (other error)"

I don't know if it were to difficult to add this information (or at least
the counter so I know how many files are missing).
Put on TODO list, should not be a big problem...

Another thing that would be nice: If manually updating it would be great if pRSSreader would tell me when it encountered errors - either by displaying a short text where the progress bar was (i.e. "Update finished - there were N errors") or a simple message box (again, only if there were errors).
I was thinking about such a feature last few days... put on my TODO,
will appear soon (I'll try to implement it for 1.3.2).

I'm well aware that you said 1.3.1 would not be for new features, but maybe this can go into 1.3.2 or even 1.4.

Regards,
Jörg