[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSr can't cache all content

  • From: "Joerg Streibhardt" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 11:37:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm experiencing similar problems from time to time but I figure it is due
to my internet connection. Sometimes TCP connections just stall or do not
connect (timeout), so pRSSreader is not to blame.

However I have a request: more detailled error messages like:
"4 image(s) could not be cached (timeout)"
"2 image(s) could not be cached (not found)"
"1 image(s) could not be cached (other error)"

I don't know if it were to difficult to add this information (or at least
the counter so I know how many files are missing).

Another thing that would be nice: If manually updating it would be great
if pRSSreader would tell me when it encountered errors - either by
displaying a short text where the progress bar was (i.e. "Update finished
- there were N errors") or a simple message box (again, only if there were
errors).

I'm well aware that you said 1.3.1 would not be for new features, but
maybe this can go into 1.3.2 or even 1.4.

Regards,
Jörg