[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSSr can't cache all content

  • From: "Joerg" <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 11:38:05 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm experiencing similar problems from time to time but I figure it is due
to my internet connection. Sometimes TCP connections just stall or do not
connect (timeout), so pRSSreader is not to blame.

However I have a request: more detailled error messages like:
"4 image(s) could not be cached (timeout)"
"2 image(s) could not be cached (not found)"
"1 image(s) could not be cached (other error)"
...

I don't know if it were to difficult to add this information (or at least
the counter so I know how many files are missing).

Another thing that would be nice: If manually updating it would be great
if pRSSreader would tell me when it encountered errors - either by
displaying a short text where the progress bar was (i.e. "Update finished
- there were N errors") or a simple message box (again, only if there were
errors).

I'm well aware that you said 1.3.1 would not be for new features, but
maybe this can go into 1.3.2 or even 1.4.

Regards,
Jörg

> David,
> I have made a few investigations and It seems like I've figured out
where the problem was..
> As usual it was because of ... Microsoft ISA firewall client
> (transparent connection, there are no bans, all connections are
> permitted)
> When I have turned off him on my desktop, set up the proxy on ISA
Server, configured pRSSreaser to use this proxy.. and everything works
fine now!
> Of course the 'Some files were not cached' warning is still here for
almost every feed but I think it is about not necessarily part of whole
cached content..
> Main thing that the every feed can be accessed and generally cached..
Sorry, guys, for disturbing all of you.
> David, at least you can add this problem to the list of known issues.. :)

--
pRSSreader development mailing list
prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml


Other related posts: