[prssr-devel-ml] Re: pRSS Reader still not working with (Proxy based) o2 GPRS WAP2.0 Flatrate

  • From: "The Efrit" <theefrit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 14:37:26 +0100

2006/3/4, Sebastian Mauer <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello there,
>
> I have just completed my Testing routine with the current pRSSReader and
> unfortunately I'm still not able to connect trough my o2 WAP2 Flatrate.
> When I'm online with GPRS PIE runs fine and I'm able to view all
> Websites with no problems. When I try to add a Feed into pRSS it always
> hangs at "Status: Sending Request"
> Now I want to find out what's the difference between a HTTP REQUEST from
> PIE and pRSS, does anyone have an idea how I could accomplish this Task?

You can capture the network traffic with is sent by the PDA using a
traffic analyzing tool. For Pocket PC, you have PhatNet, available at
http://www.phatware.com. Also if you have a wifi-enabled PDA, in your
home you can sniff the traffic in a PC connected to the same hub that
the AP to which the PDA is connected. This only works with hub-based
Ethernet LANs, not with switch-based.

I think the easiest way is to use the first one.

Hope this works

> Greetings,
>
> --
> Sebastian Mauer