[prssr-devel-ml] Re: one longstanding problem I have with pRSSreader

  • From: Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:08:50 +0100

> significantly. The question is: Is such kind of restoring neccesary? And
> do you know about any application that does such kind of restoring?

just my two cents, but I think it not necessary to restore the options
dialogs. The are usually only open for a brief period of time and I
don't see the necessity to switch back and forth between pRSSreader and
large applications (possibly starting them) while being in that dialog.
The possible exception might be to copy&paste a URL but that application
should be open.

> think that the most important thing is to restore the message  reading
> dialog.

I would second that, as far as I'm concerned the most disturbing things
are the long time until all feeds are available (even though startup is
significantly faster due to the background parsing) and the loss of the
current element when opening a feed. The latter in the sense of "the
item I had focused when leaving pRSSreader" as well as "the item I was