[prssr-devel-ml] Re: one longstanding problem I have with pRSSreader

  • From: "Hal Rottenberg" <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 09:04:45 -0400

On 10/28/06, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have read the article. I agree that restoring the session is necessary
and useful. Well, for me it is not - my device have 128MB of RAM (but
this one is extreme). But, I understand that devices of other users are
not equipped with the same amount of memory as mine is and therefore low
memory conditions can occur very ofen.

I'm never buying a 64MB PDA again...

So, I'm thinking about the restoring feature for 1.3.3 - it should not
be much complicated to do it. For the begining, I'm considering full
dialog restore. Example: If you are in URL rewriting dialog, pRSSreader
should restore 3 windows (main window, Site Properties Window and URL
rewritting window). For now, I can not say if I could go further in
restoring and my stand is that dialog restoring should be sufficient
enough for most of users.

Well the case where I notice this is reading an article then I power the PDA off or it goes to sleep. Then a reminder wakes the device, and the act of that closes pRSSr. So I'm only in the main window I guess. Not sure if that answers your question.

Does anyone know if the competitiors do any session restoring? Which and

Don't know.

Any further comments on session restoring? Any wishes before I start to
implement it?

We're talking about a feature that basically should be transparent. It should "just work" and the user should not have to think about it.

Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)