[prssr-devel-ml] Re: one longstanding problem I have with pRSSreader

  • From: "Hal Rottenberg" <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 09:04:45 -0400

On 10/28/06, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have read the article. I agree that restoring the session is necessary
and useful. Well, for me it is not - my device have 128MB of RAM (but
this one is extreme). But, I understand that devices of other users are
not equipped with the same amount of memory as mine is and therefore low
memory conditions can occur very ofen.

I'm never buying a 64MB PDA again...

So, I'm thinking about the restoring feature for 1.3.3 - it should not
be much complicated to do it. For the begining, I'm considering full
dialog restore. Example: If you are in URL rewriting dialog, pRSSreader
should restore 3 windows (main window, Site Properties Window and URL
rewritting window). For now, I can not say if I could go further in
restoring and my stand is that dialog restoring should be sufficient
enough for most of users.

Well the case where I notice this is reading an article then I power the PDA off or it goes to sleep. Then a reminder wakes the device, and the act of that closes pRSSr. So I'm only in the main window I guess. Not sure if that answers your question.

Does anyone know if the competitiors do any session restoring? Which and
how?

Don't know.

Any further comments on session restoring? Any wishes before I start to
implement it?

We're talking about a feature that basically should be transparent. It should "just work" and the user should not have to think about it.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx