[prssr-devel-ml] Re: one longstanding problem I have with pRSSreader

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 12:16:46 +0200

I have read the article. I agree that restoring the session is necessary
and useful. Well, for me it is not - my device have 128MB of RAM (but
this one is extreme). But, I understand that devices of other users are
not equipped with the same amount of memory as mine is and therefore low
memory conditions can occur very ofen.

So, I'm thinking about the restoring feature for 1.3.3 - it should not
be much complicated to do it. For the begining, I'm considering full
dialog restore. Example: If you are in URL rewriting dialog, pRSSreader
should restore 3 windows (main window, Site Properties Window and URL
rewritting window). For now, I can not say if I could go further in
restoring and my stand is that dialog restoring should be sufficient
enough for most of users.

Does anyone know if the competitiors do any session restoring? Which and

Any further comments on session restoring? Any wishes before I start to
implement it?