[prssr-devel-ml] Re: [enhancement] ability to cache sites

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:37:03 +0200

I do not see any point in having such the feature in RSS reader. If
you want to mirror web sites for offline browsing, use wget, which is
really powerful tool. Comes from UNIX world, but is also available for
windows. It should meet your needs, but think wget is not available
for pocket pc, thus you have to mirror the pages on your desktop
computer and then move them to your pocket pc.

--
David

On 5/8/06, Konstantin Taran <tarank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David,
I even don't know how to explain simply what I want but the idea is in the
ability to cache sites or ordinary internet pages.
As far as I can see the pRSSreader has the very smart cache engine..
Just imagine a few sites, blogs or wiki resources which contain very important
information but don't have export to rss.
I have the HUGE desire (and I hope there are many people who want the same) to
have the ability to cache such sites or pages in order to keep such important
information locally on the device and to read and study these cached pages..
Taking into account the fact that pRSSreader has almost everything to provide
such functionality, everything what I need for my happiness is an ability to
add ordinary internet sites (wiki, blogs) as well as rss feeds.
So, what do you think about this idea?

Regards,
Konstantin.