[prssr-devel-ml] caching, queueing enclosures, and updating feeds

  • From: Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:04:26 -0500

On 12/14/05, Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now I'm going to try diggnation, wish me luck.

It's actually working which is cool.  However, the enclosure is 30MB
which is going to take a while.  Been 5 min and I don't see any
movement on the progress bar.  During this time I can queue more
enclosures or caching of online content, but I cannot update feeds.
Nor can I manage this queue.

I think it would make these types of operations much more useful if we
could somehow manipulate this queue.  If possible pausing and resuming
in the middle of an enclosure download would be cool, then I could for
example pause my Diggnation download, update all feeds, then continue
the download.  Or I could go to this queue dialog, see that update all
and caching 3 webpages are queued after a large podcast enclosure and
rearrange so that the small ones will go first.

Also, since this thing is so large and the progress bar hasn't moved,
I think a spinner to show activity would be nice as well.  Like the
animated "E" logo in PIE showing that a webpage is actively being
downloaded.  You could put a pulsing prss logo just to the left of the
"Caching" text.

Switched the wifi radio on and updating diggnation is much faster.  :)
 But still I see "Caching (1 remain)" and a 50% bar but it could
either be hung waiting on a response or actively downloading data and
I don't know at a glance which it is.
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)