[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Web pages - localization

  • From: "The Efrit" <theefrit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 14:55:01 +0200

Hi David,

I agree with Joerg. I suggest you that you should modify the direct download
link to the English version to point to the "#downandinstall" anchor of the
release info page and change its caption to something like "download and
install" as Joerg pointed so everyone who wants to get the files always goes
to the lists of localizations.

You could, as Joerg suggests, rename the "localizations" menu item to
"development" or "translate pRSSreader"

See you in the next beta David!

On 9/29/06, Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi David,

I got to admit that I initially thought this link would lead to
localized versions of pRSSreader, too. Fortunately, I didn't miss the
bold text ;)

My ideas on this problem, roughly in order of "preference":

  * You could rename the link to "Development" or "Help with Development"

  * Remove the language links (navigation) from the l10n page.

  * You could put the text into a div on the l10n page, put a (red)
border around it and maybe change the text to read:
If you are looking for [a]localized versions[/a] of pRSSreader, please
visit the [a]downloads section[/a]
Not for end users: These language files are offered for those who wish
to contribute to pRSSreader development and translate it into their
language. If you want to help, please read on.[/p]"

Speaking of a downloads section... I think you should rename the "itsy bitsy" "1.3.2" to "Downloads" and remove the direct links to the English files on the start page.

To finish it off, I'd suggest you move the "Downloading and Installing" section on the release page to the top.

I would (read: in my humble opinion) place a horizontal navigation
(small text) directly above the "Download and Installing" caption and
link the text to the appropriate sections:

[ Download and Install | Changes | Known Issues ]

I hope it's not too confused, I've been working on a computer (writing english text) for about 15 hours... If it is, please don't hesitate to tell me.

> And some good news: Beta version of 1.3.3 is about to be finished in a > few days...

That is *great* news... I'm really looking forward to it.