[prssr-devel-ml] Web pages - localization

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml <prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 14:48:04 +0200

Hi all!

I have a small problem with pRSSreader's web pages. On the front page
(pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/), there are links to current release,
screenshots, releases, changelog, faq, localization, etc.

The localization link takes you to the page devoted to making
localization. The first paragraph of the page has a notice in bold type
face that say: This page serves for localizators. Where is the problem?
A few users wrote me an email where they wanted to know how to localize
pRSSreader with rc2 files offered from this localization page. I
directed all users to the release page. This is really annoying and it
always upsets me. It is obvious that users *do not read* what is on the
page, altought I made it bold to attract their attention.

I do not want to make a separate page with localized builds. I think
that the release page is ok, if it offers all language mutations of
pRSSreader.

I want to avoid sentences like 'if you are looking for localized builds,
click here'. Click here is IMHO very big illness of the web and I hate it.

I would like to know any opinions from users, how to improve the front
page to direct people that look for localized builds in the right
direction. For now, I'm not able to think about it in reasonable way :(

And some good news: Beta version of 1.3.3 is about to be finished in a
few days...

Thanks,