[prssr-devel-ml] Re: UserAgent not changeable

  • From: Sebastian Mauer <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 23:23:29 +0100

Hello,
I can confirm that UA1 does send the correct UserAgent to the Server. I will test this new Version with the o2 GPRS WAP Flatrate tomorrow, but I'm quite
sure that this changed UserAgent will make the difference ;)

Greetings,

Maui

David Andrs schrieb:
http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/beta/, special builds -> ua1 should
have this bug fixed

On 2/25/06, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks for the test. I have found the bug, the fix is on the way.

On 2/25/06, Sebastian Mauer <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello again,

I have to correct my previous ideas about the problem.

Tested both to restart pRSSReader and change the UA via the registry,
however I still get log entries which use "Bitevni kocka Pitypacka" as
User Agent. Those appear when initially connecting to the Feed (i.e. in
the adding process) and when refreshing the feed cache. When I want to
look at an entry pRSSreader tries to load the pictures I get entries
with a correct PIE UserAgent string.

My Device runs Windows Mobile 5.0

Greetings,

Maui

Sebastian Mauer schrieb:
Hello there,
I think i localized the problem. The changed UserAgent only appears
when refreshing the blog cache or loading pictures later, when you add
a RSS Feed the first time the initial connection routine ignores the
values set as UserAgent. David, is this correct?

Greetings,

Maui

David Andrs schrieb:
Hmmm. Quite strange, on my device, the string chages ok.
Try to change the string. And restart pRSSreader.
If the above will not help you, end pRSSreader. Change the user agent
string directly in the registry and then start pRSSReader again.

On 2/25/06, Sebastian Mauer <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello David,

I just downloaded and installed the new Beta 2 of pRSSReader onto my
PPC
Device (HTC Wizard).
Just tried the nice new feature to change my User Agent. Selected
'Pocket IE' and checked HKCU\Software\DaProfik\pRSSreader\User Agent.
However checking my ServerLogs revealed that pRSSReader is still using
"Bitevni kocka Pitypacka" as UserAgent and not 'Mozilla/4.0 ..."

This was a fresh install of Beta 2 with Beta 1 removed before
installing.

Greetings,

Maui
aka Sebastian Mauer