[prssr-devel-ml] Re: UserAgent not changeable

  • From: Sebastian Mauer <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 21:41:20 +0100

Hello there,
I think i localized the problem. The changed UserAgent only appears when refreshing the blog cache or loading pictures later, when you add a RSS Feed the first time the initial connection routine ignores the values set as UserAgent. David, is this correct?

Greetings,

Maui

David Andrs schrieb:
Hmmm. Quite strange, on my device, the string chages ok.
Try to change the string. And restart pRSSreader.
If the above will not help you, end pRSSreader. Change the user agent
string directly in the registry and then start pRSSReader again.

--
David

On 2/25/06, Sebastian Mauer <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello David,

I just downloaded and installed the new Beta 2 of pRSSReader onto my PPC
Device (HTC Wizard).
Just tried the nice new feature to change my User Agent. Selected
'Pocket IE' and checked HKCU\Software\DaProfik\pRSSreader\User Agent.
However checking my ServerLogs revealed that pRSSReader is still using
"Bitevni kocka Pitypacka" as UserAgent and not 'Mozilla/4.0 ..."

This was a fresh install of Beta 2 with Beta 1 removed before installing.

Greetings,

Maui
aka Sebastian Mauer

Sebastian Mauer