[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Unreliable Updating?

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:07:35 -0700

 From the ChangeLog for 1.4.0.3:
+ periodical update (not tested)

Since that time nobody complained about it, so I was working on other
features with feeling: 'none is using it, so it can be finished later'.
I do not use that feature by myself, so I do not miss it.

. wrote:
> I have posted multiple messages about this on this mailing list, but
> no-one seems to care...
>
> (and sorry for all my spelling errors below, big fingers/small keyboard)
>
> David Greekas wrote:
>> I have also found the auto update feature does not update at the correct
>> intervals or at all in all versions.
>> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 6:43 PM, . <m3freak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> I still cannot get prssreader to reliable update the feeks on my Windows
>>> mobile 5.x, 6.x or 6.1 device.  I have tried 1.3.x and also the newest
>>> 1.4.x builds.
>>>
>>> What can I possible be doing wrong that other are not reporitng the same
>>> problem?
Others are probably not using this feature so as I.

>>> I have the software setup to update every hour, but it either refuses to
>>> connect (1.3.x) or pops to the foreground every 4-5 mins and updates
>>> continuously (1.4.x).
1.3.x is not supported anymore. I already said that in this mailing list.

Next thing: I'd like to point out that 1.3.x is using a background
service for updating, but it is a source of a lot of troubles which are
pretty hard to debug, so I decided to change the auto-update mechanism
for 1.4.x hoping in better results.

So far, the auto-update and update at defined time are not finished, but
I'm aware of it. Sooner or later, I'll finish them. So the only thing I
can tell you is: be patient, I'm working on that.

Regards,