[prssr-devel-ml] T-mobile connection help

  • From: "James Bromwell" <james.bromwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:04:56 -0400

I have been using PRSSR for a while now, and it's got to the be the
best on the market (and you can't beat the price!).  I've been
synching at home over wifi without incident for a long time, but
recently enrolled in the T-Mobile (USA) $5.99 "Web Zones" or whatever
plan.  I can still synch over wifi, but if I'm not around a hotspot, I
get errors on every feed when I try to update.  I think it may have to
do with the proxy they use, but I'm not sure.  I can view web pages in
PIE and Opera, but my GMail IMAP does not work.

The weird thing is, if I don't have an image cached, it'll start a new
Edge connection and download it automatically -- I assume this is
because the text is rendered in an embedded IE control or something,
and as I said IE works fine.  I tried setting up my proxy settings
manually in the options page, but I just got a different error.

Does anybody else have the same setup working right?  If so, could you
give me a hint how to fix my configuration?

R/
James