[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Service trying to connect, without Application, Plugin or Craddle

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 08:06:12 -0700

Hi!

Olivier GALLEN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running pRSS Reader 1.3.4 on Windows Mobile 6 and noticed an
> important issue with the service pRSSReader: it systematically try to
> establish an air/internet connection when "Automatically connect" is
> ON... even when the application is not started and the plugin not used
> (+craddle option=OFF and device not on craddle).
>
> I had to disable the service to be able to use pRSSReader without
> ruining my plan and battery. Is that normal?
Yes, this is normal. It is for people who wants to be up to date all the
time (and have proper data tariff from their carrier).

To disable this periodical update, it should be enough to set update
interval to 0 in Options. You do not have to do anything to the service.

Anyway, I would suggest you to migrate to 1.4.0.3 (released recently),
1.3.x series is no longer supported. All details about migration are in
the archive of this mailing list.

> Thank you for this great application.
You are welcome.