[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Request: Return from Summary View to last Channel

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:23:09 +0100

Joerg wrote:
>>> Fine by me, but it would require the selection of the currently active
>>> feed when entering the summary view. That would be nice anyways, as I
>> If you enter summary view, the feed you have been viewing should be
>> selected. Works on my device.
>>> change of the active feed outside the summary view (e.g. by pressing the
>>> left/right hardware buttons) does not appear to be synchronized with the
>>> selection in the summary view.
>> I see, it is a bug...
> Yep - doesn't work on mine. There is a selected feed in the summary view,
> but it is not the one that was open.
FIXED + the summary view icon acts as a toggle button now.

>>> [Icon change]
>> Quite good idea. I think, that I can remove the paper, extend the
>> backound dialog and put the sigma letter into it.
> As you introduced the idea of a toggle button I would not remove the paper
> but make it a bit smaller to get more space for sigma. Other icons that
> represent feeds show them as the paper, so it would be quite fitting to
> have it appear like "sigma of paper" which would roughly translate to "sum
> of feeds".
For further versions I'd like to implment favicons. If the feed provides
an icon, it will be downloaded and displayed (in top bar, summary view,
site manager, cache manager). Therefore, I was thinking about the
removal of the paper from summary view icon. Moreover, the icons for
QVGA are 16x16 pixel which is really very small area. I have to make
some experiments with it, than we'll see...

Also I'd like to change the default icon for feeds to something like
this (http://www.feedicons.com/). But in shades of blue and violet
(pRSSreader's colors)