[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Request: Return from Summary View to last Channel

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:11:05 +0100

Joerg wrote:
> David wrote:
>> When the feed is selected, you can you the summary view icon to swith to
>> summary view. This icon can act like switch between summary view and
>> feed view. You will tap to enter summary view, tap agin to swith back to
>> feed view. It is easy to implement and will do the job for you.
>
> Fine by me, but it would require the selection of the currently active
> feed when entering the summary view. That would be nice anyways, as I
If you enter summary view, the feed you have been viewing should be
selected. Works on my device.

> can return to the feed by pressing the inner D-Pad button. Currently the
If I press the inner D-Pad button (action button) in the summary view
with selected feed, the feed is activated for me and dispalyed in feed view.

> change of the active feed outside the summary view (e.g. by pressing the
> left/right hardware buttons) does not appear to be synchronized with the
> selection in the summary view.
I see, it is a bug...

> I suggested a new symbol to avoid confusion, as I've always thought the
> original symbol was a little hard to understand. Maybe I could make a
> suggestion to make its meaning more clear:
> The window (a stylized dialog) shown in the background of this icon has
> lines in it. If you could free up more space for it by reducing the
> "paper"'s size, these lines could be replaced by a Greek sigma (the math
> sign for sums).
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Greek_alphabet_sigma.png
> Preferably the third from the right, but this won't work due to the
> limited amount of pixels, so maybe the simple form shown (first from the
> left).
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma#Science
Quite good idea. I think, that I can remove the paper, extend the
backound dialog and put the sigma letter into it.