[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Request: Return from Summary View to last Channel

  • From: Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 00:25:16 +0100

David wrote:
> When the feed is selected, you can you the summary view icon to swith to
> summary view. This icon can act like switch between summary view and
> feed view. You will tap to enter summary view, tap agin to swith back to
> feed view. It is easy to implement and will do the job for you.

Fine by me, but it would require the selection of the currently active
feed when entering the summary view. That would be nice anyways, as I
can return to the feed by pressing the inner D-Pad button. Currently the
change of the active feed outside the summary view (e.g. by pressing the
left/right hardware buttons) does not appear to be synchronized with the
selection in the summary view.

I suggested a new symbol to avoid confusion, as I've always thought the
original symbol was a little hard to understand. Maybe I could make a
suggestion to make its meaning more clear:
The window (a stylized dialog) shown in the background of this icon has
lines in it. If you could free up more space for it by reducing the
"paper"'s size, these lines could be replaced by a Greek sigma (the math
sign for sums).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Greek_alphabet_sigma.png
Preferably the third from the right, but this won't work due to the
limited amount of pixels, so maybe the simple form shown (first from the
left).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma#Science

Regards,
Jörg