[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Problems With Uninstall of 1.3.3

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:52:50 +0200

To uninstall pRSSreader manually:
- stop pRSSreader service (you can use Task manager from FdcSoft, which
is capable of that)
- deactivate Today plugin (if activated)
- end pRSSreader (File | Exit)
- delete the folder with pRSSreader's binaries (default is \Program
Files\pRSSreader)
- delete \windows\libexpat.dll
- delete \windows\prssrsrv.dll
- delete \windows\prssrtoday.dll
- delete \windows\prssrenc.dll
- delete \windows\zlib1.dll
- if you are on WM5, delete \windows\startup\prssrsrv.lnk and
\windows\stprssrsrv.exe
- delete registry branches:
  * HKCU\Software\DaProfik\pRSSreader
  * HKLM\Services\pRSSreader
  * HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\pRSSreader
  * HKCU\ControlPanel\Notifications\{5056DB7C-77D7-4DEE-A7B5-8B9578370A8F}
- then perform uninstall from Start | Settings | System | Remove
Programs (to get rid of the entry in this dialog, it may report some
errors, but you can ignore them)

This should be enough.

HTH,