[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Problem: some files locked without pRSSreader running

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:53:51 +0100

Hi!

Those DLLs are used by prssrsrv.dll which is a background service that
handles update on crading and automatical background updates.

To upgrade (till the setup is buggy):
- you can stop the service by any task manager that is capable of this
(for example Task manager from FdcSoft) and then upgrade smoothly
- you can export HKCU\Software\DaProfik\pRSSreader, uninstall, install
then new version, import the registry keys
-for beta2 you can skip copying libexpat.dll, zlib1.dll, prssrenc.dll
and prssrsrv.dll, beause the are the same as in beta1.

Sorry for inconveniences, this is my first background service and I'm
not still familiar with all steps necessary for smooth run.