[prssr-devel-ml] Re: O2 WAP Flatrate settings

  • From: Sebastian Mauer <sebastian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:12:24 +0200

David Andrs schrieb:

On 5/26/06, Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi David,

The message/thread you are looking for is in the archive:
//www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml/03-2006/msg00031.html
Found this one, but I was not sure if x-wap-profile is sufficient or not...

> This is for user support to save my time with answering emails.

Be advised: this use of the flatrate violates their terms of service and
while o2 is currently well aware of that possibility and chose to ignore
it,

! they can change that policy anytime and cause the user quite a bill !

- which not only includes the current month but can reach back as far as
they wish/as is allowed by law (especially privacy (Datenschutz in
Germany)).
Aha. Thanks for clarifying this thing. So I will ignore those users
who ask me for help, if it is not entirely legal.

--
David

Regards, Jörg

Hi Jörg,

the o2 terms of service only allow HTTP Protocol which is the same as WAP2.0 (as adverted) so every application that makes use of the HTTP Protocol should be all fine with o2 rules.
In former times, some users tried to tunnel all protocols via http, which was indeed not allowed because the other protocols were still in the tunnel.

In the matter of pRSSReader, think of me downloading the rss feed via PIE (which is also allowed within the o2 WAP Flatrate) and then parsing the downloaded xml file with pRSSreader. It would be virtually the same, as using pRSSReader to directly download the feeds.

Sincerely,

Sebastian Mauer