[prssr-devel-ml] Memory leak in 1.3.2 beta2

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:41:32 +0200

The situation on my device:
- before the update: 29.80 MB free
- after the update:  29.14 MB free

Diff: ~700KB - a part of it is a stack that is taken by OS when an app
is started and it is freed after some time automaticaly by the system.
The rest is probably also stack (it is allocated dynamically according
to process needs). I will test if the memory is really freed after this
night. During the day I'm developing and such tests are not possible.

I'll try to prepare a special version for testing the memory leak to see
what is happening (hope I'll make it today).

Konstantin, do you have the today plugin turned on? If so, please try
the update with today plugin deactivated. Maybe the leak is there.

And I do not know if I asked you, but your OPML file would be
appreciated. I would like to try the memory leak problem with yours.

For others: Could you try to test the memory leak? Both tests with today
plugin activated and deactivated are needed. Report in this thread or to
my mailbox.

PS: Konstantin, keep reporting the memory leak - I have to get rid of
it. The feedback is the most valueable thing for a developer.