[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Limit number of post

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:36:39 +0100

Christopher Anderson wrote:
> Hi there,
> Is it possible to limit the number of posts downloaded by pssreader? It
> would be nice to say only get me the first 15 posts.
What do you mean by download? Caching online content, caching enclosed
images, feed items themselves?

If you ment caching, there is option to cache only new items (see Tools
| Options). I do not think that there should be such the limit for
caching. If you are intereseted in only some particular items, flag
them, diuspley only flagged items, select them and perform manual
caching via tap-n-hold.

If you ment feed items, it is pretty hard to download only some
specified amount of items. You have to get the xml file from server.
During the download, you do not know anything about the file structure
(server might send the file compressed), then you have to read the file
(i.e. parse the xml file) then you know the structure. But you dont save
anything here. You have the whole file, so you just use it. The limit is
 useless.

If you ment something else, just let me know...