[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Invalid title element causing pRssReader to exit

  • From: "Dale King" <dalewking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 10:38:03 -0500

Sorry, I didn't know about 1.4.0.4, which is a lot more usable than
1.3.4. You really need to get it released. I know I had discounted
pRss when I first looked at it, but that was based on 1.3.4.

I see the same behavior with 1.4.0.4. The favorite theater feeds at
isnoop.net cause pRSS to die.

Is it a bug or feature that when you hit down on the last feed (or as
I orginally saw it with no feeds) that pRSS exits?

1.4.0.4 seems to have gotten rid of the problem I was having with all
feeds being lost when pRSS is restarted.

On Jan 31, 2008 5:35 PM, David Andrs <andrsd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dale King wrote:
> > There is a website where you can create feeds of movie showtimes for your
> > local theater here:
> >

> > http://isnoop.net/rss/theater.php
> >

> > The feeds it creates have one slight problem. They put a b tag around the
> > item title as in:

> > I realize this is not valid RSS and I have tried emailing the owner to fix
> > it, but to no avail. On most other RSS readers it ends up leaving the title
> > blank.
> >

> > On pRssReader v1.3.4 however it kills the program when it tries to update
> > the feed.
> Can you try it with 1.4.0.4? I'm off my developing nest... And 1.3.4 is
> no longer supported (as I wrote in this mailing list)
>
> --
> David
>

> > --

Dale King