[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Initial OPML list

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:05:15 +0100

As I'm reading your opinions, it looks for me that the initial OPML
file was NOT as good idea as it looks in the morning :)

Anyway, I mostly agree with YoLoLo. pRSSreader is used internationally
and distribute it with huge amount of english RSS feeds would not be
probably good choice.

The only RSS feed which should be included is my blog's feed, because
it is focused on new software releases - including pRSSreader. And as
a good user of pRSSreader you want to live with its latest version :)

I do not know how many users of pRSSreader read reads my blog, but
Site Meter says, the blog is not read much :( And this could be some
sort od self-promotion or advertising (I do not understand to the
marketing stuff :-))

I quite like the idea that every localizad version could be
distributed with different intial OPML file. With feeds that are the
good start. But there is a problem. Who will maintain those files and
will make decisions about the content?

Furthermore, if you download and want to use pRSSreader seriously you
probably have some experience with RSS and you have your own favorite
feeds. Then the initial file is "obstacle". And you will probably
delete all or most of feeds included.

And let me conclude with the following. There were about 4500
downloads of pRSSreader in December 2005 and 5500 on January 2006.
Three people expressed the need of initial OPML file. So, I'll provide
one with my web log (do you remember King Salmon?) ;-D

Thanks for all your opinions,
--
David

On 2/14/06, YoLoLo <yololo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> As many people from many countries with many hobbies won't need the same
> feeds, i suggest NOT to provide a worldwide book of feeds with PrssReader...
>
> For example, i read many feeds in French... Will you have interest in reading
> French News ???
>
> I think it is a good example to put David's web log
> (http://andrsd.blogspot.com/atom.xml),
>
> Some will want to read informations, some others podcasts... So, let users
> fill in their owns feeds !
>
> The only usefull thing is to provide in the help a chapter "Where to find
> feeds ?"
> And put localized lists with some websites like these (french directory)
>
> http://pretty-rss.snyke.com/Annuaire_RSS/Annuaire_RSS.html
> http://www.lamoooche.com/
>
> This would be more usefull to guide users... ;)
>
> Best regards to all !
>
> YoLoLo

¥’­æ?z·^½éh¦g§¶f¢–)à–+-¦»,­×¯zY¥~·ž–+-²Šà†Ûiÿü0ÁúÞzX¬¶Ê+ƒö«r¯zÏé®Ë+uëÞ–i