[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Initial OPML list

  • From: Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:51:20 -0500

On 2/14/06, YoLoLo <yololo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Little agree with your solution : (but that's called democracy :] )

Yes, but most freeware projects are benevolent dictatorships.  :D

> We use daily RSS reader to read things witch make us interested... The french
> feeds i use suits me... but won't necesseraly fits the uses of others french
> people...

Make it general enough so that people will understand the concept.

> The risk is to present a product with a pattern, and maybe newbies will trust
> that Prssreader will be able to read only pre-coded news...

I think this is easily fixed by having a screen that pops up upon the
first use of the program.  Small introduction, click next, select a
few pre-cooked ones, click next, enter your own, click finish, read
news.

> That's why i've put in my previous mail a list of French RSS directories... I
> think it will be more usefull for a new user, surfing on these 2 websites to
> find interesting rss feeds... for them ! ;)

Directories are good...

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx