[prssr-devel-ml] Importing and caching

  • From: Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:03:33 -0500

Since receiving my WM5 device in the mail, I've tried several times to
successfully import a OPML, download all of the feeds, then cache some
to disk.  At first I was able to import, then as someone else had
reported, the first download had a lot of failures but the successive
ones were better.  I don't understand why some will fail once but the
next time they work fine.

Then I tried to cache an enclosure in the Diggnation feed
(http://revision3.com/diggnation/feed/high.mp3.xml or
http://feeds.feedburner.com/diggnation).  PRSSR crashed and it lost my
subscriptions.  Since that point, every time I try to import either my
bloglines OPML from the net or one of a few files on disk, I'll get an
invalid feed error (on a file that used to work), or I'll get the
message "overwrite or append", but either way no feeds are shown in
the manager after I hit OK.

I haven't spent a whole lot of time trying to get it to work, but I
imagine if I uninstalled and reinstalled I could get it going.  My
concern now though is why this would happen in the first place.  If
this happens to a new user they'll just uninstall and never use the
program again, and we don't want that.

Ideas?
--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)