[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Images are not cached

  • From: "Marco" <marco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:44:34 +0100

> If you are using the OPML file below and your global caching options are off,
then pRSSreader
> does not set any caching settings when importing, because there is no info
about caching in that opml file.
> Therefore it results in no caching.

I did some testing. With 1.4.01 upto 1.4.0.3 I can install, import the opml and
see images in the articles. After the first update, successive updates result in
the error "unable the get file" and all cache/feeds/.. files seem locked.
Soft reset fixes this. From 1.4.0.4 I see "broken" images in articles.

I don't want to use caching, since all images are retrieved after all articles
are retrieved. Resulting in images still being retrieved whilst reading the
articles (and seeing no images).

I have screen shots and log files at work. I'm now back at 1.3.4 for the time
beeing. I'll send you log files and screen shots monday.

Have a nice weekend (what's left of it :)
I now have VS2005, so hope to set my first foot steps on mobile programming in
the near future.

Marco