[prssr-devel-ml] Re: HTTP Proxy authentication is not working

  • From: <Daniel.Harman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:11:01 +0100

Hi David,

With PocketIE it does work, but I am required to enter the HTTP
authentication details (login/pw) within PocketIE when it initiates the
proxy connection. Opera behaves identically. These are not values that
can be set in the device's settings/connections configuration (which is
extremely annoying - I hate having to enter them every time it connects
to the proxy).

I don't think pRSSreader has the necessary functionality to ask the user
for these authentication details, and when I try to update using the
connection manager settings, the following error is logged :

        'The proxy server needs an authentication'

(I'm not sure if that is truncated).

If I choose to override the connection manager settings in pRSSreader,
then there appears to be a different problem. It does not work, and the
following error is logged :

        'Bad authentication response'.

I guess the solution is to add support for asking the user for a
login/pw when using the connection manager settings (and ideally allow
me to preset them for a given connection), or possibly just fix the
issue with the override.

Thanks,

Dan

For more information about Barclays Capital, please visit our web site at
http://www.barcap.com.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Although the
Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept
responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being
passed.  Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group.  Replies to this email
may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business reasons.