[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Feature request: Bloglines API support

  • From: Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 07:45:33 -0500

On 11/9/05, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Importing your opml file from bloglines should work - pRSSr can
> import opml files from specified URL (it can not import files from
> URLs protected by username and password - neither HTTP authentication
> nor SSL - via https)

Yes, it does work now.  Feel free to test with my OPML at
http://bloglines.com/export?id=halr9000

> 2. Syncing read/unread: I do not know anything about Bloglines API,
> how is it accessible (if it is even is accessible). I don't know how
> you imagine this feature. You want option 'Sync with Bloglines' and
> all further syncing will be done via Bloglines API. Or you want extra
> button to sync with Bloglines? Please be more specific about. Than
> I'll consider if I a'm able to integrate it to pRSSreader.

Egress will prompt you for your username and password, then it can do
various things with your bloglines account.  Looking at
http://www.bloglines.com/services/api/, it doesn't appear you can do a
whole lot yet.  :)  But keep this in the back of your mind.
Integrating with a big name tool would look cool for you, plus it
makes it easier for people to read their news no matter where they
are.  Use Bloglines when at a desktop computer and have the benefit of
a large screen, use pRSS when not.

> Nowadays, the task with the highest priority is to stabilize code of
> pRSSreader to be more reliabe.  Such the enhancements will come next.

Of course.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx