[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Download timeout

  • From: Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 10:45:37 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to jump in here: Currently pRSSreader does not time out when a
download is started but never finishes. I'm assuming that this happens
a) when the host can be resolved but is not online,
b) when the host is online but the connection is stalled on server side,
and/or
c) when the connection is closed while pRSSreader is waiting for the
download (e.g. loss of WLAN connectivity)

It would be nice if you could (internally) add a timeout "after n
seconds of not receiving anything".

Note: I did not verify this with beta 3 (wouldn't install) or beta 4 (no
time for it as of now).

Regards,
Jörg