[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Data connection problems and other observations

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 16:11:13 +0200

Michael Skovrinskie wrote:

> Long time lurker on the pRSS dev list / first time poster! I've been trying
> to convert from Egress to pRSSreader but there are a few things blocking me
> now. I'm not sure if these are device specific (imate K-Jam), user errors, or
> bugs: 1) When I refresh all subscriptions and enclosures are found, if I
> cancel the download of one of the enclosures, I can't do any subscription
> updates or enclosure downloads until I exist and relaunch pRSSReader. Any
> other attempt just does a quick progress bar that disappears.2) I can't get
> my WiFi to work from pRSSReader. This is a much preferred method for me,
> since I my primary use is for large podcast enclosures. Using GPRS is just
> too slow. My WiFi setup works just fine in Egress, PIE, Inbox, and all other
> applications. pRSSReader just happily chugs along using an Edge GPRS
> connection every time.3) I notice that subscriptions are scanned in a serial
> manner for new enclosures and the enclosures are queued up and downloaded
> before updating
the next subscription (is this correct?). Thus, if I cancel one (per issue 1),
then I don't even see updates for the later subscriptions. This is also a
problem when I start a clean install and import my OPML list. pRSSReader wants
to download all of my enclosures (no matter what I tell it to do in settings
for new items only), so there is a lot of manual work to cancel and
individually tag just the new ones I want. If I just leave all the data in
place for upgrades of pRSSReader, this is a one time event.  For item 3), I'd
like to see an enclosure queue of some sort where all subscriptions are scanned
first on a full update, enclosures are queued up, and then enclosure download
only begins after all subscriptions have been updated.  BTW, this is using the
latest beta build (haven't installed the latest almost RC update from this week
yet).  My 2 cents.Thanks,Skov

1) Fixed, thanks for reporting
2) Have no idea, where the problem is (for now)
3) Manageable download queue is planned feature (for 1.4.0)

For the future reports, please, describe problems/bugs in single emails
(i.e. one bug per one email - with descriptive subject of course), it
makes bug fixing easier for me.