[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Crashing update

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:11:31 +0100

Last few days I tested the new implementation of update process
(WinInet wrapped by MFC). It was pernamently refusing to update some
feeds - the file was downloaded partially and therefore an error
'invalid feed file' occured. I hate Microsoft - nothing works as it is
supposed to (according to the documentation) - grrr. You can test this
implementation in beta4.

Anyway, I revert to my own implemetation of HTTP today. I test it on
Hal's OPML and most of feeds are updated - some are not, but they were
not updated on previous implementations too. For me, the
implementation looks ok. Tomorrow I will test it on WiFi connection.

Also I have fixed some bugs that caused crashes (was related with
update, for example diggnation3.com does not cause crash anymore).

--
David