[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Crashing update

  • From: Hal Rottenberg <halr9000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:24:48 -0500

On 11/28/05, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyway, I revert to my own implemetation of HTTP today. I test it on
> Hal's OPML and most of feeds are updated - some are not, but they were

David,

I've been towing this OPML around for a while.  It is entirely
possible that some of the feeds are really invalid.  Are you able to
see the HTTP responses?  I imagine you'd see a 404 in those cases.  In
fact you should probably also test 301 (moved perm), 307 (moved temp),
as well as all of the rest of the 400-codes. Some of these codes could
be handled specially behind the scenes to give the user more
information as to the error, or even continue without aborting end up
successfully updating the feed.  e.g. A 301 should look for the news
feed at the new location header URI, and it should change the prssr
database to reflect the new URL.

(one more day till my phone/pda arrives!)

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx