[prssr-devel-ml] Crashes with pRSSreader 1.3.2

  • From: "Sander Alberink" <alberink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 11:51:32 +0200

Hi all,

Unfortunately, I have to report several issues and problems with the current
beta. These are all related to stability and unfortunately make using the
program very, very tedious. Hopefully I can help out with producing enough
info to replicate the issues.

1. Crashes when viewing a feed. this is something which doesn't happen at every feed. I can click a story, it will show for about 3-4 seconds and then the program crashes, just quits. If I click a feed that has this issue and open a story, then immediately close the story again, it wil still crash after said 3-4 seconds 2. crash when configuring sites when accessing the site manager to prune some feeds, sometimes it will bomb out after i removed some feeds. 3. obscured progress bar The first time I do an update of my feeds, the progress bar is mostly obscured by the menu bar. Selecting an article and closing it again fixes this. 4. Crashes during updates when doing an update, it will crash the program. A restart and another update seems to go fine, though. 5. URL rewriting If I read the status bar updates correctly, pRssReader caches webcontent first, and then seems to perform a URL rewrite. Wouldn't it be better to do it the other way around? Especially since some of the sites I frequent don't render correctly when retrieving an article using PIE and present you with a popup saying that you will be diverted to their mobile device portal (not to the specific article on the portal, although that should be possible!)

This is what I've some across so far.
My device: T-Mobile MDA Pro (HTC Universal/Orange M3000/QTek 9000/iMate
Jasjar) running WM5 AKU 2.2

I've attached my OPML feed list, if you need anything else from me, please
let me know!

Best regards,