[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Caching with PC

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:14:36 -0600

Hi!

Toni Sola wrote:
> Hello all One of the programs I tried before pRSSreader was RSSsync,
> which I discarded because it was difficult to navigate but it had a
> nice feature: you could download all the subscribed feeds with the
> desktop PC and send all the cached content to the PDA once it was
> connected to the desktop PC.
>
> I wonder if something like this could be implemented in the future.
I guess, it is possible, but it will require a standalone application
that will run on desktop PC. Or some "plugin" to ActiveSync. I do not
know much about that (never did it, but I saw some examples in WM SDK).
For sure, it would be the way how to speed up caching...

> In the meantime, anyone thinks that I could do the same thing if I
> install a WM6 emulator in the desktop PC, install pRSSreader 1.3.4,
> setup all my feeds, update channels, and then send the cache folder
> to the PDA with activesync??
That should work for you. You might encounter minor flaws, but in
general it should work.